Driver/General Labourer – Port Coquitlam
Why Work for Modu-Loc?
Because we have fun. Because we embrace teamwork. Because we believe in safety. Because we offer stability. Because we are a company with a vision. Because we are a family.
If that’s not enough, Modu-Loc takes care of their employees. Here are just some of the ways that we do that:
- Competitive wages and company-paid benefits plan
- Complete uniform provided, including personal protective equipment and an allowance for safety boots
- Opportunities to receive incentives, including shift premiums
- Full comprehensive training program (online and hands-on) including forklift certification
- Room for advancement – in fact, the majority of Managers at our company have worked their way up after starting out in this very position
Don’t just take our word for it! Check out our official Instagram channel (https://www.instagram.com/moduloc/) or this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_NTk1zLNc) to see why our employees love working for us.
Position Function and Working Relationships
As a member of our field staff, you’re part of a large team that shares the workload and supports one another at every turn. Field staff are responsible delivering and installing temporary fence. They work together with guidance from our Supervisor and Operations Manager throughout the day. They arrive together, load their trucks together, and always strive to deliver the best customer experience possible.
Full in-depth training and coaching is provided to all field staff, along with forklift certification.
This position reports directly to the Port Coquitlam Operations Manager. Your professional network will expand beyond that, as you will interact directly with clients, Modu-Loc’s Operations team, and its counterparts daily.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Driving a one tonne truck to and from sites
- Supervising the crew (Right Seats)
- Safely setting up and tearing down fence and associated products at customer sites
- Navigating to sites to ensure the crew arrives in the safest and most expedient way possible
- Completing operational paperwork (job reports, truck inventory logs, site checklists, etc.) as directed
- Be punctual and work in a safe and productive manner, remaining constantly cognizant of site safety
- Ensuring workplaces and company vehicles are clean and free of garbage and hazards
- Always acting in a professional manner with fellow employees and customers
- Maintaining a professional appearance
- Acting as the lead hand once onsite
- Exemplify Modu-Loc’s core values in all dealings with customers and co-workers
- Acquire and maintain a full understanding of Modu-Loc’s key products and services to effectively provide the best customer service possible
- Assist with inventory counts, maintain a clean and professional workspace, and participate in team meetings and company initiatives
- Coordinate with Supervisor, Operations Manager, and other team members
- Assist to resolve customer issues onsite effectively, calmly and on a timely basis
- Work closely with the Operations team to organize and schedule orders accordingly, and resolve scheduling conflicts and operational on-site issues
- Maintain open and clear communication with teammates
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to take direction and supervision
- Motivation to “get the job done” even when managing a heavy workload and tight deadlines
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly complete paperwork
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong customer service skills, professional demeanor, and positive attitude
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends/longer hours when required
- Ability to physically handle (lift, carry, etc.) heavy fence panels
- Must have own transportation
- Clean drivers abstract
- Safe and defensive driving habits
- Experience with operating tablets and smartphones
- Knowledge of general tools and equipment (drills, power washer, painters, banding equipment, etc.) considered an asset
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Sherman Savage, Operations Manager
Modu-Loc Fence Rentals LP is committed to accommodating the individual needs of job candidates, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), within our recruitment processes and skills testing practices. Job candidates are asked to contact us if you require any accommodations to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and job selection processes.
We’re here to answer any questions you may have.